The characters, settings, and other content specific to Kyrodian Legends (refered to herein as KLC) may be used freely under the following terms. By sharing and/or publishing any work containing KLC, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this license and agree to its terms.
* The origin of KLC must not be misrepresented and must be attributed properly. Credit must be given to Nick Kovacs or Kelvin Shadewing for creation of KLC, and must include a link back to kyrodianlegends.com.
* You may not prevent people from reverse engineering your work or punish them for circumventing DRM, provided it is for the sole purpose of extracting KLC from a given work.
* Software written with KLC must be released under a Free Software Foundation-approved Open Source license (eg. GNU General Public License).
* Artists working for hire or trade, or by request, must waive any terms of their services that conflict with this license if they agree to produce KLC.
* Any KLC assets, be they graphical or auditory, must be released under CC-BY-SA version 4 or newer. These resources must be distributed in their original form, without any watermark or transformation that detracts from the usability of the asset.
* Your use of KLC must not infringe on the Kyrodian Legends trademark. Examples include, but are not limited to, use of characters for unsanctioned endorsement, political or religious statements, use in marketing or as mascots, paid or otherwise.
* You may produce commercial merchandise, provided you do not mislead people into believing the products are officially endorsed, and do not prevent others from using the same KLC in their own merchandise.
* Fan-written scenarios involving KLC may be accepted into canon, unless licensing conflicts arise. If your creation is pulled, you will be credited for your contribution.
* Literary works containing KLC must be published under CC-BY-SA 4.0 or newer. * In the case of non-game works, such as still drawings and animation, KLC should be put on its own layer and exported separately, or you must allow people to trace over or crop it to extract it themselves, while the rest of the image remains your own.
* Any patents made for items made using KLC must be released under a free and open license for public use.
* Any and all content not officially endorsed by Nicholas "Kelvin Shadewing" Kovacs may not use the official logo or one similar enough to it to cause confusion.
Contact me if you have any questions or need clarification on a use case, or if you would like to discuss a private license for use of the official logo or alternative monetization rights. Example cases will be added here as they are brought up. Under no circumstances will anyone be allowed to bypass the requirement to release KLC under the specified Creative Commons license.
EXAMPLES OF ALLOWED USE CASES:
* Printing posters that feature KL characters, so long as the original image is distributed at its original resolution.
* An image containing a signature or watermark that does not obscure or intrude upon the focus of the work, such as remaining in the corner.
EXAMPLES OF PROHIBITED USE CASES:
* Issuing a takedown of traced KLC, unless credit was not given.
* Copying or tracing someone else's KLC without giving credit.
* Creating a sprite sheet with a watermark or signature over the frames, or saving it as a JPEG or other format that would corrupt the frames, without sharing an unmarked, undistorted version in another format such as PNG or BMP.
* Using Midi as the mascot for your business. I am not open to offering private business licenses for use of KLC in any form of marketing.
* Making a KLC character unlockable by purchasing DLC or paying for them in a microtransaction.
PLEASE NOTE: while I was given permission to use the music found on the official Youtube page, I was not given permission to release the tracks under creative commons. They are the property of Kevin Soto, AKA JazzyPanda, AKA Kevin Pandaheart and should not be used outside of official Kyrodian Legends media.